Thursday, October 28, 2010

Blog #5

For the evaluative summary, the thing that I would have done differently would be to evaluate the writing more. I believe that I gave a good summary, and expressed my feeling on it. I listed the things that I agreed with and disagreed with. If I would have expanded on my thought more, I think the evaluation would have worked out a lot better. My word usage was good in my mind, but changing a few things would have been good. To me evaluating something is giving my opinion on how it made me feel and what I believe. That part of evaluation is in my paper. I stated that I did not agree with the BMI and on the fact that is the way someone’s health is determined. Maybe if I sat down and rewrote the whole thing it might have been more of a complete evaluation. Doing a paper on a short article limits me as a writer because it confines the writing to someone else’s work and limits the thinking process to their feelings and opinions. I analyzed the article too much, and did not evaluate what was really being said in it. Maybe reading the article a few more times would have helped. This way I could have understood what was really being said, although it was pretty straight forward. Also, if I would have reread my paper a few more times I would have realized that I was not evaluating as much as analyzing. This paper needs a total overhaul and maybe it will follow the guidelines for the assignment a lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment