Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blog #6

To start off the movie Beautiful Girls was awesome. I actually recommended the movie to several people. Also, I watched the movie about four times after we were done watching it in class. Writing critical papers in not my favorite thing to do. As I watch movies I do not really think about the message that the movie is trying to get across. Although that is an objective, but that aspect is in the back of my mind, not the primary focus. When I watch movies I tend to look at visual things, camera angles, and other technical things and try to find their meaning in a certain scene. I am still trying to figure out what is in the briefcase in Pulp Fiction. The reason I enjoyed writing this paper was due to the fact that I got to watch that movie a several times, but it also gave me a different way to watch a movie. Trying to decipher what the message is that is being presented to us made me pay attention to different things that I normally would not look at. It was a plus that the cast was made up of some big entertainment names. When I was writing it was hard to get my thoughts on the movie in an expanded format. I just wanted to write what I was noticing and not to expand too much on it. But of course that was not the goal. Understanding the movie and writing about what you got out of it would not be possible in a short paragraph. Watching grown people behave like children made me laugh and reminded me of some people I know. I think that is what made it more enjoyable, comparing the movie characters to people in my life. Which made me chuckle sometimes. Whenever you see a person in their late 20s or early 30s behave like they are still in high school, or just never getting out of that adolescent state of mind. With my paper I would not change much, except some grammatical things.

No comments:

Post a Comment