Monday, October 11, 2010

Research Paper Free Write

Outside of class, there are many things that interest me. I am active in sports. I am an avid mountain biker, and also play in a flag football league. I also participated in sports through out my life, from team handball to football and track. I follow sports pretty much on everyday basis. SportsCenter is on when I wake up in the morning, and it is the first channel that comes up when I turn the television on. I also do fantasy sports, so my knowledge of sports is pretty good, although I do not call myself an expert. There is something about the competitiveness of sports that encourages me to follow it, participate in it, and watch it. Going to athletic events is also one of my favorite things to do.

Next one of my passions is nature. Some might call me a tree huger, that is fine. I feel that caring for the environment is essential for our survival and the survival of future generations. With that, I am also passionate about organic food over mass produced foods. Going to farmer markets or shopping at organic stores is a personal preferance, but the affects mass produced food has on our environment is pretty bad. Also I love to enjoy nature. Biking through forests or hilly regions is something that gives me peace inside my mind. Without wanting to preserve and protect such things I might not be able to enjoy them nor will our future generations.

Current events are something I follow on everyday basis. I feel that we need to know what is going on around the world. Being focused on one region and not knowing what is going on outside this country makes people closed minded. I have talked to people about the 33 miners in Chile stuck below the earth for two months now, and a lot of people did not even know that is happening right now. At times it blows my mind how little people know what is happening outside their own country that it is aggravating. But my frustrations not only pertain to people that do not know what is happening around the world but also in their own country. When the whole oil spill fiasco was happening the Gulf, I was people's personal news update because they were too lazy to read the news and find things out on their own. I believe that people should almost be forced to read or watch the news to educate themselves on current happenings around the globe.

Music and movies are a passion as well. I cannot go through the day without listening to some type of music. My music preferences are on the less traveled path. As i tend to hate the main stream disco garbage. Underground music is more appealing because of the grass roots of the whole thing. Although I love classic rock or even classical music, but that is what inspires many underground musicians as well the mainstream people. Plus listening to something that is never on the radio gives a topic for a good conversation. Also the people that attend the underground performances act and look a little different than your Miley Cyrus crowd. I also like hanging out with my hippie friends and listening to their jam band stuff because it is different and it all does not sound the same. In movies I like the smart movies, such as waking life. Although i might have to say that Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie, I still have not figured out what is in that briefcase.

1 comment:

  1. Could you argue that organic foods are better than mass produced foods and why?

    ReplyDelete